“Beyond COVID-19” is a European project, funded by Erasmus+, which aims to contribute to innovating professional practices and promoting skills and knowledge among European teachers to adequately respond to the challenges of a future digital society.
Location of the action
Portugal, Italy, Romania and Cyprus
Teachers and Students
Area of Action
ICT and SDGs
The project lasts for 24 months, running from April 1, 2021 to March 28, 2023.
– Improve teachers’ skills in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in order to guide and teach students to use ICT tools creatively, responsibly, and cooperatively;
– Provide resources and tools on the cross-cutting issues of Agenda 2030 (Sustainable Development Goals), understanding the present and future implications of this Agenda in the context of pandemic COVID 19.
The digital revolution has transformed and continues to transform everyday life and the way people interact and organize themselves to achieve common goals. This is particularly true for the younger generations: the way they interact, access information, communicate with each other, and learn has changed tremendously. Yet few classrooms have been at the forefront of this revolution. In general, the teaching and learning processes in formal education have failed to keep pace with this transformation.
The education community has made important efforts to provide continuity in teaching, providing online classes and distance support.
For the most part, European teachers were not trained to adapt to the new circumstances: only 20% to 25% of students in the EU are taught by teachers who feel confident with using technology in the classroom, and this is confirmed by all national-level surveys in Italy, Greece, Romania, and Portugal. Many teachers have tried to meet the challenge in different ways, but without having prior training reported high levels of stress and fatigue and found it difficult to help students achieve their learning goals.
WHAT DO WE DO?
1) Diagnosis of competences around educational innovation and digital skills, in the context of school curriculums in the COVID-19 and post COVID-19 phase.
2) European Digital Curriculum with the aim of identifying the best learning strategies and the most appropriate digital and technological tools to meet the training needs of students in situations of vulnerability (social, economic, emotional,…), in order to promote inclusion and prevent early school leaving.
3) “EU BET!” Academy which will consist of a comprehensive set of online and face-to-face training courses and webinars for teachers on the issues of the 2030 Agenda, inclusive education and ICT applied to learning environments.
Throughout the years AIDGLOBAL has established partnerships with several organizations who connect with our mission. AIDGLOBAL thanks all public and private entities for the support shown in our work, in the certainty that we will continue our path towards creating change for a more just and equitable world through Education.